India’s first commercial dispute resolution centre and commercial court was inaugurated on 2 July 2016 at Naya Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
• The centre and court were inaugurated by Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Dr. Raman and Justice Madan B. Lokur of the Supreme Court of India.
• The court also consists of arbitration centre and a mediation centre.
• Some facilities available for litigants through the new system includes video-conferencing, E-Court, E-Library, E-Filing and E-Summons.
• These ultra-modern facilities available at the court will facilitate the investors in their commercial dealings.
• The Court will help in improving the judicial system.
• Chhattisgarh is a state in central India. It is the 10th largest state in India, with an area of 135,194 km (52,199 sq mi).
• With a population of 25.5 million, Chhattisgarh is the 17th most-populated state of the nation.
• It is a source of electricity and steel for India, accounting for 15% of the total steel produced in the country.
• Chhattisgarh is one of the fastest-developing states in India.