WCD has constituted a cyber-cell to check the online abuse and harassment of women and children on social media platforms.
• Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi announced in New Delhi.
• The WCD Ministry has advised women and children to send their complaints, if they are being abused or harassed on social media platforms using the hashtag #IamTrolledHelp.
• The cyber-cell was constituted in the wake of reported increase in abuse or harassment of women on social media.
• Besides, WCD Ministry will be working with Twitter India to address abusive behavior, violent threats (direct or indirect), and harassment on social media
• They will also be working together for the empowerment of women and children to deal with abuse, harassment and hateful conduct on social media.
• The complaints received by the WCD Ministry, which are of a grave nature, will be reported to twitter India for necessary action.
• The Ministry will also be working with the Cyber-crime Cells of the police, wherever required.